July 15, 2011

Coffee Filter Wreath

Isn't this fun? It's a coffee filter wreath. It came from this website.

Coffee filter wreaths are nothing new. They've been all over decorating blogs for the last year. But, since I have a new place to decorate and I'm apparently a glutton for punishment, I decided to make one. It was easy and cheap, but it took FOREVER!  

Here's what you'll need: a hot glue gun, coffee filters (I used the natural colored ones but a lot of people use white) and a Styrofoam wreath from a craft store. I think the total was around $5. That's really all you need. Oh, that and...

something entertaining to watch on TV. Just trust me. I recommend season five of The Office =)

This is the shape you'll need to fold the filters into. The package of filters I bought had 200 in it. My advice: go ahead and fold the filters up about 50 at a time. Once you get on a roll gluing, you aren't going to want to stop and fold each one.

All you do is just hot-glue the points of the folded filters to the Styrofoam. So easy! This is what it looked like after about an hour of work. I was determined to make it work with only one package and I did... barely. I would recommend dividing the wreath into fourths to make sure you're spacing out the filters enough.

And here's the finished product. I tried to hang it to take the picture but it's so thick I couldn't get it to hang on any nails. Ha. But, I think it will be cute hanging on the window arch with maybe a strip of burlap? Or on the pantry door?

 

0 comments: