July 20, 2011

Getting Ready to Move!

I was so excited to find out this week that I am closing on the new house next Friday! Since this was a week earlier than I had expected, the news sent me into overdrive! I had to set up utilities, get a moving truck, get insurance set up, buy curtain rods and other stuff like that... all while trying to set up a classroom! Oh, and I haven't packed one. single. thing. It's obviously been a busy week :)

But, I wanted to show you (and my soon-to-be roomie, Claire) some of my new house purchases. I'm trying my best to go ahead and get as much of the stuff I want now while I don't have any bills to pay. Once I move, I'm pretty sure the shopping fun will come to a screeching halt.

These cute little canisters came from TJ Maxx. I think the big one cost $8 and the small one was $6. They're actually pretty big and heavy! These will be great in the kitchen with my new chalkboard labels!


My mom got me this little desk chair from Goodwill. It was $6. I'm pretty sure it's going to be painted a fun color someday. But, for now, it'll match my black desk well. Thanks, Mom!


This next one is my favorite. If you've read this blog before or you follow me on Pinterest, you know that I LOVE these prints! I've been wanting one forever. I ordered this one off Etsy and it arrived today. I got the mat and frame at Hobby Lobby because their frames are 50% off right now.


These little canisters are tiny. The picture makes them look bigger than they are. They came from Tuesday Morning and I think they'll be great in my bathroom to hold jewelry, Q-Tips, etc...


These are wall sconces. I got them at Hobby Lobby when they were 50% off. I think I paid $25 for both of them. I liked them because they were big and sturdy. I haven't totally decided where they will go... but, I have a few ideas running through my mind. Ha.


And, here is what we're working on tonight. Drapery panels for the front room. This is my favorite fabric. I bought it almost a year ago and I've been saving it for the day when I had my own place. We're sewing a panel of brown burlap fabric at the bottom to make them a little more interesting. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

I may not be blogging too much for the next week or so. I've got a lot going on with moving. But, I have a walk through on Monday and I'll try to take some pictures of the house to post on here. I haven't seen it since they put in floors, cabinets and counters so I'm pretty excited to get in there!

Thanks for stopping by!



0 comments: