July 17, 2011

New Artwork

I don't know about you... but, I love artwork! The first thing I notice when I walk into a room is the art on the walls. I especially like bold colors. So, when I saw this cool painting from Annabellea.com, I knew I had to copy try it!

How cool is that?


I decided to make a coral colored one to match my bedroom in the new house. I think I want to go with a coral, teal and white theme in that room. So, off to Joann's I went to purchase a canvas!


Here's what you do. Use painter's tape to create a design. Since I loved the one above so much, I decided to try and make mine like hers. You can precisely measure each piece of tape and make it perfect... or, you can just slap them on like me and not worry about it. I promise it will still look great!


Then you just paint over it. That's it! It's seriously the easiest thing ever!


While I was waiting on it to dry, I wracked my brain for what to do with the second canvas that came in the package I bought. I had some gray paint I wanted to use and I just started taping away. Here's what I came up with...



I painted it gray and waited for them both to dry. When they dried, I peeled off the paint (which is so fun!)and saw the finished product.


Ta Da!

I have to say, I really like them! They're fun and colorful and will be easy to move around from room to room. I'm sure you'll see them again when I post pics of the new house =)


Just to give you an idea, here's the coral painting with my teal headboard (which is obviously still in the garage) and curtain fabric. I have white bedding. I'm picturing it hanging over the bed with maybe some sconces on either side? Not really sure.... but, I'm excited to see how it all comes together!


One more thing... I finished my homemade chalkboard yesterday. I found an old wooden frame at the Nashville Flea Market last year and got a great deal on it. It's been sitting over my bed empty for the last few months like this... 


I couldn't find anything to fit inside it because it's an irregular shape. So, I bought some  foam posterboard and cut it to the right size. Then, I painted three layers of chalkboard paint on it that I already had lying around.


 I LOVE IT! I can't wait to hang it in the new house.

Okay, I think that's all. Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

Megan said...

These look very pretty and professional. great job.

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What an absolutely adorable DIY! Well done.

I hope that you will stop by and enter my giveaway.

Happy Monday!

Kim said...

Hmmm... I love it! Especially the grey one. Really considering that one for my condo, which I'll be staging next spring. What a great, inexpensive project. Thanks!

Jena @ Involving Color said...

Lindsay, these turned out great and such a simple easy way to add wall art to a room. I love both!

Katie said...

Great job! I love making my own art work! I'd love if you would join us over at Sew Woodsy and link up this project!

the cape on the corner said...

i love the coral one! what a great idea, and i think even I could do this, lol. i'm sure gonna try. thanks for the inspiration!

Katie said...

Great job again... I can't wait to make some art work for my house! Thank you for linking up last week at Sew Woodsy! Please come back tomorrow and link up your most recent project!

Trine @ Creative Pink Butterfly said...

I think you did a great job with the art :) I love art but we have few paintings on our walls. I am looking for some simple art for my green guest room!