July 27, 2011

Pier 1 to the Rescue!

Wow.

 This week has been nuts.

 Moving is a lot of work, ha! My current house looks like this:


And this:

Please don't judge me. I PROMISE this is NOT all new stuff I've bought!

In fact, there hasn't been a lot of shopping this week or last week. Unless you count some kitchen utensils, light bulbs and a $2 wreath holder for the front door. And I certainly don't count those!

I HAVE been doing this:

Ironing curtains!

And, there was a pretty big purchase today. But, luckily, this was a sweet gift from my awesome mom. You see, she's been working on covering a wingback chair for me for the last few weeks. The chair was free but I spent quite a bit of money buying white duck cloth to recover it. And, wouldn't you know it, that darn chair has been IMPOSSIBLE to cover. It's arms are so curvy and the sides have been the biggest pain. My mom and aunt worked on this chair for several hours the other night and it was just not turning out right at all! So, my mom made me an offer I couldn't refuse. She said that if I'd forget about this chair, she'd buy me a new one for the front room since I had spent all the money on the fabric. Um, deal.

So, she went with me this afternoon to Pier 1. And I picked out this:


Cute, huh?

The fabric draped over the back of the chair is the curtains for the room. I can't WAIT to show you those when I get them hung. I love them! And, I think this little chair will be great with my white ottoman.

And, THANKS MOM!

Hopefully, I will get some good "before" pictures on Friday to show you of the house. I'm sooo excited to finally be *this* close to owning my first place!


0 comments: