August 24, 2011

My Classroom

I'm linking up to Blog Hoppin' again this morning. I've really enjoyed seeing some new teacher blogs! I'm super excited because today is Where It Happens Wednesday... aka classroom tours! I can't wait to see a bunch of cutie-patootie classrooms :) Here's a glimpse at my first grade classroom...

I'll start with my door. I'm not a big theme person... so, the fish are kind of random. But, I love them. They're fun and colorful, which is what I am usually aiming for. And, I totally stole that quote off Pinterest. Shhhh.

Here's the view from the classroom door. After three years in a row of moving classrooms, I've been blessed the last two years with a brand new room. I LOVE the fun orange walls and counter tops.

These are our Literacy Centers. I am obsessed with organization so I like to have everything in a neat little bucket that can be quickly picked up and put away.

Here's our classroom from the doorway. That big ole' empty yellow blob is our Word Wall. It won't look that empty much longer:)

This is the back wall. Those white posters on the cabinet doors are our "Character Hall of Fame." Kids get their names on the wall when I catch them having good character. I need to fill those things up!

This is our carpet/calendar area.

Here's my desk and book shelf.

This is the command central part of the board. I normally put their spelling words in the blue pocket chart. I put our new core standards up on the objective board. And, my kids use those CUPS posters daily!

This is our cozy little reading corner. I especially like the lanterns hanging above... so fun! And, that's our center chart hanging above the shelf.

Here's some work hanging up on the wall between the windows. When you have Open House the 2nd day of school, you have to be a little creative with what you hang in the room. The fun scrapbook paper behind their work made it look a little more completed... since half of it wasn't finished, ha!

This is our new Reading Strategies Wall. I made those mini-posters about 4 years ago. I'm glad I've gotten a lot of use out of them!

Here's a shot from the back of the room.

Check out the chair pouchs my mom and aunt helped me make!


Well, I hope you enjoyed looking around my classroom!
Go check out some more at Blog Hoppin'!



4 comments:

Cortney said...

I was hoping that you had bought the pouches some where so I could go get them to but looks like a little DIY was in order. I can't sew worth a lick so maybe I need to find someone who can to help me too.

Ashleigh said...

Wow, I just love your room. It is bright and full of neat things, but it's not cluttered or overwhelming. I think you've found the perfect balance! I would love to hang some lanterns too. They're the perfect touch.

http://ashleigh-educationjourney.blogspot.com/

Dee said...

Great pictures! I loved the tour! Your room looks so inviting!
Dee
First Impressions

ThinkWonder Teach said...

I love your room. It is super cute!!

Misty
Think, Wonder, & Teach