August 4, 2011

My First Place!

My place is by NO MEANS done or even remotely close. But, I have set out some furniture and tried to prop up a few pictures here and there. And, my OCD kicked in and I can proudly say there is only 1 box left. When Claire moves in Saturday, there will be alittle more furniture and "fluffing" to post. But, since several people have asked, here's a peak at what it looks like right now...

Let's start with the outside. Looks a little more "lived-in", huh? I hope you enjoy this picture because it came at a price. I totally locked myself out of my house without my cell phone (or shoes) when I took this and had to call my parents who live twenty minutes away to let me in. And, did I mention it was lightning like crazy and about 95 degrees outside? At least I got to meet my neighbors...


Here's my room from the doorway.


And here's the view of another wall.
I have to say, I am LOVING my new dresser. So much storage!!!


This is the front room. It's kind of random right now.
But, I'm really liking the teal and gold together.


I wanted to show you my curtains in this room. Didn't my mom do a great job?
This wall obviously needs a little more. Maybe a bench in front of the window or something?

Another view of the front room.
 Excuse the box of junk. It's not staying there...


A view of the hallway.


Kitchen hallway table. I should probably hang that wall thingy, huh?


Here's the kitchen. My favorite part is the light fixture over the
sink that my mom gave me. Isn't it fun?


Just another view...


Here's the den. It's obviously VERY far from being finished.
But, check out my new chair and pillow!


Curtains in the den.


Just waiting for a table... ha!


Another view of the hallway.


And, last (and probably least), is the patio.
With my six dollar ferns...shout-out to Lowes!

It's got a long way to go, but I think it's off to a good start.
Come by and see me sometime!!!


9 comments:

christina @ Rum*mage said...

congrats on your new place. I think my favourite room is your bedroom. love the blue headboard.

Christina

Sunnyside Dru said...

It looks great! You are off to a fantastic start!

Grammy Goodwill said...

How fun when you're starting out. I think you're off to a great start. Enjoy your new place.

poindextr said...

so much fun! congratulations on your new home adventure - it is completely adorable!

SavannahGranny said...

Wow, you are off to a good start, My first home looked pathetic. I love what you have done so far. I think I see a great Mother/Daughter relationship. I agree your Mom is great.
I absolutely love your blue headboard. I like the vintage pieces you have. Is that a piece of oak decorative trim, under the window, in the fifth picture?
I can usually spot old oak. I was wondering how you will be using that?
I, too, like teal and gold. I just posted a bedskirt and some curtains I made in teal and gold. Please come over and take a look. I am having a giveaway please sign up. Ginger:)

I am also a new follower.

Ann Marie said...

Love it! I adore the light fixture in your kitchen! Found you from Chic on a Shoestring.

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

Love it! love the lampshade over the sink!
-Trish

Judy said...

How exciting. Congratulations on your new place. I host a party each Tuesday night at 8pm EST. I would love for you to link up this week. I am your latest follower. Looking forward to keeping up with your blog.

Chris said...

What a fantastic space! I know you've got more to do, but I can't get over how much you've done already! It took me years to get around to that stuff. Thanks for the great tour!