September 16, 2011

Jump, Jump!

I just wanted to share a little activity I worked on this week with my kiddos. It's the first "crafty" thing we've been able to do this year. And, if you know me, you know I love me some "crafty" stuff !

 Since we are now required to get 15 Science and Social Studies grades (previously, we had to get zero), we've had to get a little creative. We've been working on using the words first, next and last to tell a story. And, our reading theme this week was how living things grow and change. So, we decided to use frogs to talk about the life cycle. We opened up our trusty old science books and got investigating. Boy, those kids LOVE to look through text books. Ha. They would have been happy to just stop there. But, oh no. We persevered.
We made this fun little chart to help us understand the life cycle.

Once they got pretty good at retelling the life cycle verbally, we got busy writing it. If I was a good blogger, I would have gotten some close-up pictures of what they wrote. But, I totally forgot. I'll try to be better.

I found this PRECIOUS frog on Pinterest and I thought it would be perfect for our writing.

Who doesn't love a good hand print activity?

Check out our sweet little frogs...


In the interest of full disclosure, I added the tongues. On my own. I thought they needed something fun. And, I might have glued on a few of the eyes because the kids ran out of time. But, honestly, I think they did such a good job!

Well, that's all I've got for tonight. I hope you have a "hoppy" weekend.
(Sorry, I had to.)



0 comments: