September 10, 2011

What I've Been Up To...

I keep meaning to blog. But, life just gets in the way sometimes. So, here's a little catch-up. I know you're so excited.

Some of my co-workers and I set up a new blog as a showcase for all the great things that are going on at our school. Right now, we've just been posting pics of our classrooms. My word... they are so adorable! You should totally check it out. It's called The Cole Train.


And, in first grade, we spent the whole week working on labeling and writing about animals. We focused on how they move and what they can do. We made a couple of cute anchor charts (that I totally forgot to take pictures of) and the kids got some opportunities to do their own writing.  I just wanted to show you some of these cutie-pie things they made. Plus, I want to be able to look back on this in May and see how far they've come.  So, here's some fabulous first grade fun... enjoy!



Check out that rhino's "bade" (body)!


I'm impressed by the giraffe drawing. I don't think I could draw a giraffe that well!








I just love how they draw... so funny!


That bottom one says " A cats ear is flappy." :)

And, as a farewell, I will leave you with a few great fall ideas I've found on Pinterest this week.

Adorable tulle wreath!

Cute pumpkin topiaries.

I'm going to have to make these sweet little witch hats for my kiddos.

Love this fall-inspired trail mix idea!

Pumpkin oreos... yum!

Genious idea. Put stickers on a pumpkin then spraypaint it black. So doing it!

And, this is just the cutest thing ever.

All sources can be found on my Pinterest page.

Well, I'm off to enjoy this beautiful weekend. Thanks for reading!


0 comments: