October 10, 2011

A "Grown Up" Kind of Day

Do you ever have a day where it just hits you? You're an adult. A real, actual, official adult. I had one of those days today.

I'm not a fan of cooking. I've been sitting in the teacher's lounge at school for the last five years bored to tears as people talk about recipes and crock pots and all that other "domestic" stuff. I was NOT INTERESTED. I'm the girl who signed up to bring napkins and plates for every shower we've thrown at school: as long as I didn't have to cook something!

But, today,  I just got the urge to cook. My co-worker Heather told me about a recipe a couple of weeks ago and it's SO GOOD and SO EASY. She got it off the Hellman's website. You just mix mayo and parmesan cheese into a bowl. I add lots of italian seasoning to the mixture... just because I like it. Then, you rub the mixture on some chicken breasts and roll it in some italian bread crumbs. It bakes for about 30 minutes at 450 degrees. Ya'll, it's AMAZING! I've been adding store-bought marinara to it to make it even more yum.

I also made some Parmesan Knots that I found on Pinterest. You get Pillsbury Golden Layers Buttermilk Biscuits in a can. Then, you roll them out and twist them into a knot. They cook for ten minutes. Then, you mix canola oil, oregano flakes, parmesan cheese and garlic powder with parsley. When the knots come out of the oven, you use a brush to put the mixture on them. They are delicious. I'll definitely be making them again!


A relatively healthy dinner... I'm shocked at myself.
(Don't worry. I'm sure I will eat Sonic for dinner tomorrow.)
And, to make matters worse, I spent my hard-earned money on a pumpkin and a pretty flower for my front porch while I was grocery shopping. I seriously don't know what came over me.

Definitely more inviting. And, we're all set for Fall now!
I also made a big decision. The new yarn wreath is going on the front door. For now. Who knows how long it will stay there...


Well, that's all I've got.
I'm off to do some dishes.

Thanks for reading!



0 comments: