October 9, 2011

Weekend Recap

It's been a busy last couple of days. So, I'm going to make a list of some things I wanted to share.

1. The Zoo: We took the first graders on a field trip to the zoo on Friday. Oh. My. Word. I don't think I have ever been so tired in my life. The kids enjoyed it... but, they were exhausted! That's a lot of walking for little kids! And, it was sooo crowded. I have a major fear of losing a kid on a field trip: especially places like the zoo where there are just kids EVERYWHERE. So, I made them hold a rope the entire time. And I dragged them throughout the entire zoo. But, it was TOTALLY worth it. Here are some zoo pics.

Monkeys. You should have heard the heated discussion between the kids when we got back to school about whether these were just "plain old monkeys" or gorillas. I knew the answer... but, sometimes it's best not to get invloved ;)

This elephant was slinging mud everywhere. Ha.

And this elephant picked up a trunk with his... well, trunk.

These are literally the only animal pics I took. I was too busy taking care of my own "animals." But, it was a great trip.


2. Saturday Scholars: My school, Cole, started Saturday Scholars this Saturday. It's basically a TCAP tutoring program that we do on Saturday mornings for the third and fourth graders. I LOVE it! I adore teaching first graders. I don't want to teach anything else. But, I have to say... it's fun to be around the older kids sometimes. They get your jokes. And, they're so sweet. It honestly gives me goosebumps to see these kids get up on Saturday morning and come to school so that they'll do well on TCAP. I LOVE my school!


3. New Computer: My sweet dad bought me a new laptop yesterday! I was planning on getting one for Christmas. But, he went ahead and just got me one to use now. I love it! Thanks so much, Dad!


4. Hampy: Matt came home this weekend and brought Hampton with him. She's gotten so big! It was fun to spend time with her. She's so calm, now! Definitely she's losing some of her "puppy-ness."

Love her!

Isn't she so big, now?

Matty and Hampster

And, if you will rub her under her chin, she will be your best friend forever.


5. Projects: My mom and I worked on a few projects yesterday. I made a yarn wreath that I have been eyeing on Pinterest lately. It was a lot of work. But, it was very easy to make!

I really like it. The problem? I don't know where to put it!

It's sitting here for right now.

And, my mom made a cute fall pillow:

She sewed it together, but I didn't get a "finished" picture. I'll get one and show it to you.

Well, I better go cheer on the Titans. Looks like they need it.
As always, thanks for reading!




0 comments: