November 21, 2011

Thankful.



Over at What The Teacher Wants, they're having a link party. You're supposed to name all the things you're thankful for. So, I decided to participate. Here are some of the things I'm thankful for... in no particular order.

1. A Two-Day Work Week
 Half way done!


2. My health and the health of my family.
We've been very blessed and believe me... not a day goes by when I'm not thankful for that.

3. Pinterest
And, whoever the wonderful person is who created it and brought it into my life.


4. My Amazing Family 
I love them so much. That just about sums it up :)



5. My Class
They really are a great class and I enjoy them every day. I think they're going to end up being one of my favorite classes ever. It makes me super happy to see their cutie-pie faces every morning. Now, by the afternoon.... ha!

6. Reality TV
You can just check out this post to see how I feel about reality tv, ha!

7. Teaching Blogs
I seriously don't even know what I did before I discovered teaching blogs. I sure spent a lot of time searching Google! But, blogs have completely changed the way I teach. I'm so thankful for amazing teachers who share all their awesome ideas!

This is a blog some of the teachers at my school and I started. You can check it out here.


8. My New House
I LOVE my new place and am so thankful to have a nice and safe place to live. And, I'm thankful for a great roommate.



9. Harry Potter
Because, I'm a huge nerd. It's true. I can admit it.


10. Movie Nights
We have one every week. Tomorrow night, we're watching Elf! Jealous?


11. My ELMO
I don't think I could teach without it. It's the single thing in my classroom that is used the most. Except for maybe that darn pencil sharpener.


12. Great Friends
Because, they make me laugh. And, I really like to laugh.


13. My Smart Phone
Y'all? What did people even do before these things? Can you think back to what life was like when you couldn't check Facebook and Twitter while waiting in the check-out line at Target?


14. Candy
You can judge me. I don't mind. 


15. My Job
I'm pretty sure I have the best job in the world. It's tiring and stressful and this year hasn't been the easiest. But, I get to spend my days with precious kids. And, I get to work with some great people who I really like. I spent my Friday night taking up money at a school dance and not once did I think "Man, I'd rather be somewhere else." I love being a part of a community. I'm thankful to be a part of Cole Elementary.

--------------------------------------------

Stay tuned this week for a post about our Thanksgiving activities at school the past few days. And, maybe a post about a super special 60th birthday!




0 comments: