December 27, 2011

11 in 11!

  Today I'm linking up to this:


It's a linky party to share some of the best things that happened in 2011!

So, here we go:

11. Favorite Movie You Watched
Hands down, it was this. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. I kind of came late to the whole "Harry Potter Mania" thing. But, I LOVE the books and I LOVE the movies. And, this movie was the best of them all. It was soooo good!

10. Favorite TV Series
My favorite series was definitely Modern Family. I don't think there is a funnier show on television. I especially like Phil, Cam and Mitchell. I have all the seasons on dvd and I just pull it out and watch it all the time. It never gets old :)

9. Favorite Restaraunt
It's not fancy. But, Zaxby's is absolutely my favorite place to eat. And, we got TWO new ones this year. So, I've ate there alot. It's where my friends and I go the most. In fact, I ate there for lunch today, ha!

8. Favorite New Thing You've Tried
That would be my blog. I've been reading blogs for a looong time. And, this summer, I just decided to bite the bullet and set up one of my own. I'm so glad I did! It's been so fun and I've really enjoyed having a way to share my ideas and journal about what's going on.

7. Favorite Gift You Recieved
My Kindle Fire! This little thing is AMAZING! It obviously holds books, which is great. But, it gets internet and has tons of apps. It's basically an ipad only a little smaller and more convenient! And, on a related note, why am I just now playing Angry Birds? I'm addicted.

6. Favorite Thing You Pinned
Pinned Image
There's a story behind this. But, it just makes me laugh every. single. time. 

5. Favorite Blog Post
 My favorite post is Creepy, Crawly Spiders! I just like it because I think there are some good ideas in there and I'm soooo proud of my kiddos' writing that week! Plus, it's the most popular post on my blog by far... like, it has double the hits of any other post. Almost a thousand. Which, for this little blog, that's insane. Ha.

4. Favorite Accomplishment
Well, I bought a house this year. So, that's definitely my biggest accomplishment!

3. Favorite Picture
I don't really know why, but I love this picture! It was taken last year at Land Between the Lakes. We take the second graders at our school there for 3 days every spring. And, I obviously teac first grade. But, I got to go last year and it was just sooo much fun. On this night, we were playing in a big gym and the kids were playing a Sock War game. A few us were sitting in this window trying not to get hit. It was just a super fun trip and I love these girls. So, that's why I love this pic :)

2. Favorite Memory
My favorite memory this year was getting to go see my brother pitch for the first time in the minor leagues and get his first win as a professional! Matt's an awesome kid and I couldn't be a prouder big sister. I'm looking forward to getting to watch him pitch many more games for the Royals!

1. Goal for 2012
I have three. One is to lose weight for Matt's wedding next fall. I don't know how that's going to happen with all the craziness I take on at school. But, I'm going to try! The second is to get a dog this summer. That's going to take a lot of work on my part, too. And, the third is the same every year: to get my sweet little babies to benchmark... and, much higher! So, here's to hard work :)

All in all, 2011 was awesome.
I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store!



7 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks for linking up!!!! I'm your newest follower!
Also, I highly recommend getting the dog. You'll love it. But if your new house has a really nice backyard, you may want to say goodbye to it.
I love that pic of you and the teachers -- you all look like you're at summer camp and you're not the teachers (that's a compliment).
Way to go, little brother!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Laura Starnes said...

Hi Lindsay!
I loved HP2 and can't believe I forgot to include it with my movies. Are you in TN or KY to go to LBL? I go to Paris Landing every March and the Lodge outside of Murray every July. I'm down in Memphis but LOVE to travel there each year. I'm your newest follower!

Laura
Kinder Kraziness

Lindsay said...

We are in Nashville. It's a little bit of a drive but not too bad. It's a great trip! We're going back in April.

Ms. Chrissy B said...

Yeah Harry Potter!

And congratulations to your brother. My brother is playing baseball at a junior college - it's a long road, and your brother has really accomplished something!

Buzzing with Ms. B

Jill said...

Angry Birds is pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me. Haha!!!!! But now I am on the really hard levels and it's not as fun because I actually have to try really hard..... :)

Marvelous Multiagers!

Jessica said...

Love your blog!! Congrats on your house. I can't wait to have one someday soon! I am your newest follower!

applesandpapers.blogspot.com

Susan Case said...

I'm your newest follower from the K Expo linky party. Your blog is fabulous! I hope you'll have time to visit mine. I'm a little bit jealous that you have a Kindle Fire! Good for you! My Kindergarten book is only $2.99 on Kindle and free for Amazon Prime members for 2 more months. My blog has links to Amazon if you are interested. Happy New Year!