February 5, 2012

What Do You Love?

  Funky First Grade Fun is having a linky party today! You're supposed to answer the questions about what you are currently loving. Sounds fun! And, it's just in time for Valentine's Day!

1. I love to watch movies with: my friends! We are some movie-watching gals and we even have a weekly movie night! Unfortunately, we've all been a little busy and haven't had as much time to watch movies. But, that's getting remedied: tonight! Here's what we're watching...
We love any and all Harry Potter movies!

2. I love to read books: in bed! There's nothing better than laying in bed on a Sunday afternoon and reading a good book. I've been reading The End of Molasses Classes lately and I can't put it down! I know we can't all start our own schools and do the radical things Ron Clark does. But, man. He brings up so many good points and he truly understands what's important about teaching: relationships. This book is inspiring me to be a better teacher. I HIGHLY recommend it!

3. I love to shop for: my new house! I am always on the lookout for cute lamps and pillows and paintings and rugs. I've taken a little break lately because I've been so consumed with school. But, believe me. There's quite a list of stuff I'm searching for. Beginning with a chair. I'm thinking something like this:

Pinned Image


4. I love to collect: DVDs! I have a lot. Like, a whole lot. I got started buying seasons of TV shows a few years ago and just can't stop! Whenever Target has a big sale, I buy them for $9.99. I have Friends, Will and Grace, Glee, Modern Family, Desperate Housewives, almost all of the Real Housewives seasons, I Love Lucy and a bunch of seasons of Survivor. And, that's probably not even half of it. The good news is that I get my money's worth because I watch them ALL THE TIME!


Friends will always and forever be my favorite.

5. I love to listen to: OneRepublic! I think they're my absolute favorite. I mean, I named my blog The Good Life! I also really like listening to Glee cd's. In my classroom, we listen to a lot of classical music, Jackson 5 and Disney tunes :)

This is my favorite Glee cd. I adore The Warblers.


6. I love to eat: fast food. I know, I know. It's so bad for you. But, it's so yummy! My favorites are Back Yard Burgers and Zaxby's. MMmmm.


(I'll be right back....)

7. I love to talk about: reality tv! My friends and I spend a lot of time discussing all  of the tv shows we watch every week.We especially discuss The Bachelor, Real Housewives, The Kardashians and Teen Mom.


Best. Show. Ever.

8. I love to make: graphic organizers and anchor charts. Call me a nerd. Ha. But, I really like creating activities for my little first grade friends to do.



9. I love to travel to: Disney World!!! It's literally my most favorite place in the entire world. I could go there a hundred times and I'd never get bored. It's so magical and fun!
10. I love to teach: writing. I'd say that is my absolute favorite thing to teach. It's the subject that I get to be the most creative with. And, it also seems like it's the subject where I get to see the most growth in my kids... which is exciting to see!

Okay, I think that's all. Head over to  Funky First Grade Fun to see more of what everybody loves!


1 comments:

Kimberly said...

So glad you linked up! Your anchor charts are dreamy and I'm lovin' the chair.
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun