March 10, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

The last few days... wow. I finished (and started!) my report cards yesterday as well as making all new differentiated math centers and updating my literacy centers and literature circles. Then, when I got home, I did a MAJOR cleaning. I vaccumed, dusted,  mopped the kitchen, took out the trash, picked up all the clothes laying around my room and did laundry. Then, this morning, my mom and dad brought some stuff by the house... which, then turned into a trip to Target. Followed quickly by a bedroom re-arrange and a trip to the grocery store. Again, wow.

But, there's something that feels so good about knowing everything is checked off the list and you can just relax. At least until it all starts again on Monday :)

I thought I would share some of the house stuff we worked on today. I haven't posted many house pics lately because I haven't really changed anything or bought anything.

 But, that kind of changed last weekend.

My mom and I went to TJ Maxx last weekend and I walked out of there with a new loveseat. A loveseat that I LOVE!

Want to see?

That's it right there in the corner.

The fun pillows sitting on the loveseat both came from Target.

I don't especially like the loveseat beside this black table. But, it's okay for now because I'm eventually going to replace that table with something better. I'll know it when I see it. The wooden architectural piece came from Pier 1 a few months ago. I can't remember if I blogged about it or not. But, I absolutely love it.

This is what the other half of the room looks like... not much has changed over there.

I took the sunburst mirror from above my bed and hung it in this room, too. I think it kind of adds to the eclectic look I'm going for in here.

I got two things at Target:

 
this fun rug for the front door

and these fun adirondack chairs for my back patio. I realize this looks a little bare right now. But, it's too early to be buying plants. Although, it was sooo warm here today! I think these will look great with some colorful flowers out there this spring and summer. Plus, I'm going to need a place to sit while my little puppy friend plays on the patio :)

The other big project was rearranging my bedroom. I was getting a little tired of the layout because my bed and nightstands were blocking my  big windows :( And, there was a lot of wasted floor space (which is apparently prime real estate for dirty clothes.)

So, here's what my room looks like now:


This trunk is sitting on this little wall for right now. But, I'm on the lookout for a great comfy chair that will fit in this corner.

Obviously, I need to hang that picture above the bed.



I'm excited about all the new changes at my place.

 I love my little house :)

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, good luck to Vandy tomorrow in the SEC tournament championship! Beat the Cats!!!



7 comments:

1st Grade Rocks said...

Just started following your blog! You house is beautiful!
~Heather
http://1stgraderockss.blogspot.com/

Brandie said...

That beautiful mirror just pulls that whole room together! I love your peaceful color palette!

Blissful and Wishful said...

Glad to know I'm not the only teacher who gets things moving around the house when summer hits. Looks great!

SILLy stories!! said...

I love your house!! It is so cute!!

Kether said...

I love, love LOVE it!

Emily said...

Everything is so cute! I tend to leave things blank in my house until I see what I like. And eventually, I finally do find something. That loveseat is AWESOME!

Melissa Wade said...

I just found your blog...and not to sound crazy...but your profile sounds exactly like me! I love everything you have on your blog, your blog design, your decorating and your teaching ideas. Where did you get the adorable rug at your front door? We just bought a house and I am having so much fun decorating!