April 17, 2012

"I'll Never Let Go..."

 
This post is going to be all kinds of random. Hope that's okay with you. That's just generally what my life has been like lately... nothing is organized. But, whatever.

-I'm sure you're aware that Titanic 3D is now in theaters. It's the original Titanic movie (with Kate and Leo) with 3D. My friend Kristin and I went to see it together this weekend. Because, we? Yeah, we're big dorks. But, honestly, we've had a BLAST making fun of that movie all week with some of the girls at work. This picture perfectly sums up my RAGE with the movie:


She's all la-di-da laying on a HUGE plank of wood and her supposed love interest is FREEZING TO DEATH in the water. Scoot over, Selfish!

And, the whole movie, Jack is all "Never give up! I'm a fighter! We'll make it!" He tried ONE TIME to get on the wood and it flipped a little and he just gave up!!! I mean, it takes me about 5 tries just to get on one of these at the pool:


Jack's a quitter. There, I said it.

And, don't even get me started on all that "I'll never let go..." stuff. It kind of looses its effect when she pries his hands off the wood and pushes him into the water! Uhhhh.

ANYWAYS...

I said all that to say, we've had a lot of fun making fun of this movie. Kristin found a book about the Titanic in her classroom today. And, let's just say, we had a good time with it....


I'm kind of tempted to read the book to my littles. Will it terrify them?

-One of my cute little dudes was sick last week. And, I tried to call his parents but never got ahold of them. So, I did what any teacher who had a vomitting child ( and no school nurse) would do... I sent him to the bean bags to sleep. Then, I covered him with a blanket because he was cold. Oh, and I took pictures of his cuteness.

Poor little guy. He slept a LONG time.

-We did some activities last week with plants. We honestly didn't do too much because I was out half the week for the LBL trip. But, when I got back we planted some sunflower seeds and we talked a lot about the parts of a plant. I gave my kids some funky scrapbook paper and let them make plants to label. Then, they wrote about the parts of a plant and the jobs they have. They turned out really cute! Unfortunately, my classroom is FRESH OUT of hanging spaces. So, I had to get a little creative.



So, yeah. Our back counter is getting pretty junky. But, I can't help it. I love all their cute work and I love to display it!


Oh, and I found those cute pennants at Target during spring break. They were just hanging out in the party section... for like $4! I cannot even express to you how much I love them.


-This week, it's all about the BUGS! We started with an insect tree map.



Then, we segued into the butterfly life cycle. My kiddos were all about it! We made a chart to help us understand it.


I had my kids find a partner and then they worked together to make their own butterfly life cycle charts on computer paper.

Kiddos hard at work.

-My kids and Kristin's sang the entire chorus to Party Rock Anthem complete with mosh pit dance moves and background music on the playground today. And it was the funniest/cutest thing I've ever seen.

Between that and the Titanic shenanigans, we had a lot of laughs today.

As always, thanks for stopping by!


1 comments:

Ms. Chrissy B said...

Ok, so I have never watched Titanic because I don't think theaters appreciate boisterous vomiting from the audience. Your post confirms my decision lol.

Your poor little baby! I had a similar problem last week. Mom said she was coming but then never showed up. Nice. Poor little guy fell asleep at my table. Then a different mom did that same thing a couple days later. This one slept on the carpet. Moms!!

Buzzing with Ms. B