April 15, 2012

Puppy Drama

I've been checking my email all week. My little cockapoo pup was due to be born this week. To say that I was excited would be putting it mildly.

Then, on Saturday, I got an email from the breeder. She said the momma dog was not pregnant?!?!? She said that it was showing all the signs, but wasn't pregnant after all. Um, shouldn't these people check before they start taking money from potential buyers? And, did they just now realize this the exact day the puppies were due to arrive? Admittedly, I know next to nothing about animal pregnancy and puppy buying... but, I was really disappointed. The breeder offered a full refund and said I could have a puppy from the next litter she has. But, the problem is that those puppies wouldn't be born until July and then I wouldn't get it until September. I specifically wanted to get the puppy in earky summer so I could be home with it the first few weeks. Plus, I was pretty annoyed with these people anyway. I'll take the refund, thanks.

I got online and spent a lot of time searching for another puppy. And, I found one. It's not a cockapoo, though. It's a maltipoo. And, actually, a maltipoo was the dog I wanted originally and I kind of talked myself into the cockapoo. Plus, these puppies are in Tennessee and are 200 bucks cheaper. Oh, and I don't have to pay anything until the puppy is born... major selling point. If it doesn't work out, I'm no worse off.

If you aren't aware, maltipoos are pretty stinking cute. It will be smaller than a cockapoo, but only by 4 or 5 pounds I think. It will be teeny as a puppy, though! And, I'll get this puppy in June, too. It may be the second or third week instead of the first.

Here are some maltipoos:




I'm trying to keep myself from getting too excited this time.

I'll let you know when I am offically the owner of little Finley.

My fingers are crossed that this is the end of the puppy drama... at least until I bring the darn thing home!



3 comments:

Jill said...

That is awful about the cockapoo!! What is wrong with people????

But the maltipoos are ADORABLE. Maybe everything happened for a reason. :)

Marvelous Multiagers!

Laura Starnes said...

Lindsay, are you from TN? We just had a blogger meet up from across the state. If you are, email me and I'll send you info when we have our next one!

Laura
Kinder Kraziness

Mrs. Anderson said...

Oh my gosh!! The pics of the Maltipoos are so cute!!! Now I want one, too. I can't though because I already have 4 dogs.
Thanks for sharing!
Connie
welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com