Here's a little run-down of what's been happening over here this week... told in iPhone pictures because I'm too lazy to take real pictures, thank you very much.
1. I went to dinner with some friends I used to teach with and we went to see The Hunger Games. Uh, guys? How awesome is that movie? I heart Peeta... just needed to say that.
2. A few girls from school and I went to Wine and Easel last night. It's one of those painting classes you take with your friends. It was a blast! I used to paint a lot but I realized last night I am VERY rusty! Ha.
Me and Lane
Brittney and Betsy
Claire and Lane
Here is my painting about half-way done.
My finished product!
Claire's, Lane's and mine all done :)
It was a fun night, ladies! We should do it again soon :)
3. I've been working on the house a little. Mostly cleaning my room and organizing some closets. But, I've made a few purchases.
I bought some pillows for the patio chairs...
and added some plants. I've got a baker's rack at my parents house that I still haven't moved over and I'm thinking it will look great out here!
I got a new pillow for the couch,
a new basket for storing some soon-to-be-bought puppy toys,
and I moved this painting that I made last summer into my bedroom.
Oh, and I rearranged the kitchen a little too.
4. I took a little trip to the snow-cone truck... my most favorite place in the world.
5. I've been cooking some new stuff.
Yes, those are Brussel Sprouts. No, I didn't like them.
6. I went shopping with my mom today at The Avenue in Murfreesboro. I got some cute clothes and some awesome perfume! And, I didn't buy one thing for my house... except a bath mat. So, that's a big accomplishment! Ha.
7. I'm starting to pack for our trip to Land Between the Lakes. We leave Monday. I cannot wait! It's so fun to see our sweet kids experience things for the first time. I'm so lucky to get to come along... even though I don't teach second grade.
Okay, that's about it. The second half of the week should be pretty laid back... just like I like it!
Hope you're having a great week, too!