May 4, 2012

A Big Change

Well, I got some big news yesterday.

 My principal is moving me to third grade next year. And, believe it or not, I think I am really excited!

 I've been a little bit burnt out this year and I think it's just been because I've been doing the same thing for the last five years. I love first grade.... a lot. But, I need a change. I started tutoring third and fourth graders this year and I discovered that I really like older kids a lot. Plus, they're not even that old :) 

 I want my teaching spark back. I want to be excited about teaching again. So, I told my principal that I was ready for a change and that I trusted him. I was pretty sure he would move me... but, third was a little bit of a shock. Really, though, I'm excited. I'm  scared because it's a big change and first grade is all I've known. But, being outside of my comfort zone will be so good for me. And it will make me a better teacher to have that experience.

  Anyway, just wanted to jump on here and share what was going on. I'm headed to my grandmother's for a family weekend and it couldn't come at a better time. I need a break from school and all the third grade thoughts swirling around in my head.

2 comments:

Mrs. Anderson said...

Changing grades is always scary, but you are still in the same school, right? That has to make it a little easier. I've been teaching first grade for most of my 26 years and sometimes I would like to move to an upper grade, but I have soooo much money invested in first grade materials and curriculum.
I'm sure you will love 3rd grade!
Connie :)
www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

AthenaPhoenix said...

Good luck to you!!


Crystal
Strive to Sparkle