May 30, 2012

A Whole Lotta' Nothin...

 
Well, enough about Tim Riggins. At least on the blog... not in my heart, where he will forever remain. But, I've got about 3,000 pictures on my iPhone that I've taken in the last two weeks.  What better way to get you all caught up on my life than through pictures? Don't get too excited: it's a whole lotta' nothin. So, here we go...

First of all, we wrapped up the school year! It was very bittersweet for me this year... I have to say. I was sad to see my babies go because they were a great class. My last class of "littles" for a while... and that was hard. And, since I'm moving to third  grade next year, I was very sad to say goodbye to my great teammates. In fact... I didn't say goodbye :) But, I'm also reallllly excited about next year. So, like I said, alot of mixed feelings. Plus, I had to pack up my room to move. So, here are a few pictures from the last two weeks of school.


We made these cute Mother's Day cards out of scrapbookpaper.

On the inside, the kids answered questions about their moms. Their responses were very cute. But, this tired teacher only took two pictures. Sorry...

We had a talent show at school. I cannot overstate this: It. Was. Awesome. I had so much fun watching all the kiddos get up there and do their thang :)

So, one of my kids performed the Cha Cha Slide with her older brother and sister. After she performed, she came to sit with me and some of the other teachers. She climbed in my lap and I looked down to see this: her cheat sheet! Ha!! How funny is that? Knowing your left and your right is very important in that song....

Every year, my kids keep "Busy Bags" in their desks. They are just bags with books on their level and word sorts and stuff for them to pull out and read when they have extra time. And, every year on the last week of school, I wonder why in the world I do this. Because, putting all those books back where they belong? Yeah, that's no fun. I just wanted to document the madness.

Okay, so the day school got out, I went out of town. I went with the parents to see my brother in Illinois. It was a fun trip! I didn't do too much picture taking, but here's what I got:

I looked out the hotel window one day to see this. Which kind of concerned me, I'm not gonna lie. Looks real safe, huh?

Matty Moo

The park Matt plays at is really nice!

So, the first night we were there, it was 60's Night. We were sitting on the front row right behind home plate and this band was playing right at home plate. So, basically, we were like 8 feet away from them. And, they were SO LOUD. I couldn't hear anything. My dear grandfather turned to me and said "Well, you'd think they would at least play louder. I can't even hear em'!" Which started the Great Hearing Aid Intervention of 2012. I think we made some good headway in convincing him it's time. I'll keep you updated. He's 88, by the way.

Oh, and we saw a bunch of fireworks. Because that's just what minor league ballparks do....

I'm an educator, so I obviously adore children. But, honestly, when we drove up the last day and saw this in the parking lot... I kinda wanted to vomit. My worst nightmare. Matt had warned me that they have field trip days at the park. And, ya'll? I can't even begin to tell you what it was like to be in a stadium with 3,000 children who were all screaming the Spongebob Squarepants song at the top of their lungs.

Here's Matty and the mascot signing autographs before the game. Check out all those screaming banshees children!

While I was gone, I got some updated pics of the pupster. Behold the cuteness:





And, here are some videos of Finley with the rest of her litter. They seem like the calmest, sweetest puppies. In both videos, Finley is about to fall asleep! I hope she's this laid back all the time...

3 weeks old
4 weeks old
I. Can't. Wait.
I've been shopping for her, too. She now has two crates,
some toys,
a pink polka dot collar,
and some wittle bitty bows :)
That sweet pup has no idea that she's already spoiled rotten.
Okay, well I think that's all for now. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

AthenaPhoenix said...

Looks like you've been busy!
Finley is sooo so precious!

✪Crystal
Strive to Sparkle

Gina Senko said...

I love your Me on the Map flowchart. Where could I possibly get a copy.