July 2, 2012

Brought to you by the letter "B"

Tonight's blog has a theme. Everything starts with the letter B.

Fun, huh?

Yeah, I agree.

1. BATH
I gave Finley a bath today. It's been so hot lately and she smelled a bit, well, like a dog. So, in she went. Normally, she tolerates it okay. But, she wasn't a fan tonight. Poor little girl was squirming and crying and pawing to get out of the sink. I felt kind of bad. Oh, and she went ballistic when I tried to blow dry her hair. We do that every time and she usually doesn't care. Not tonight. Oh well... maybe next time.

Pretty pitiful, huh?

2. BEETHOVEN AND BACH
So, Finley's been a little whiny in her crate the last two nights. The first night we were in Franklin and she was in her travel crate and she was NOT HAPPY. So, I chalk that one up to me getting her off her routine. Not a big deal. But, because I'm a researcher, I started googling what to do if your puppy is crying in its crate at night. And, I kept seeing people posting about playing classical music for their pups. I know, I know. Sounds stupid. Last night, she woke up at 4 a.m. and I took her out. Instead of going right back to sleep like she normally does, she started the whining again. So, I got my school iPod and played my school playlist. Ya'll? She stopped IMMEDIATELY. Like, didn't make a peep. And, she slept until 9:30! Needless to say, we've been listening to a lot of classical music over hear today.

The docking station now has a permament home on my dresser. I guess I'll have to buy a new one for my classroom?

3. BASEBALL CARD
Matt got his baseball card last week! So exciting! And, in case you're wondering, he's making his "I'm a great pitcher, fear me!" face.

Um, I can't flip iPhone pictures on my computer. Sorry...

4. BRUISES
You know what the bruises mean! I've been working in my new classroom :) It's finally starting to come together a little bit. I think I have most everything out of the boxes and I've arranged the furniture. Now for the fun stuff!!! I don't have any pictures, but I'll be sure and show you the room before school starts.

5. BOTTLES
I found a new drink this summer that I'm obsessed with. They are Welch's Sparkling Juice and they are soooo good! I've tried Cherry Limeade and Strawberry Lemonade. The lemonade is definitely the better of the two. They're carbonated juices and so yummy on a hot night. Try them!


6. BOWS
I've been trying to keep a bow in Finley's hair since the day I brought her home. Why? Because they're cute and she's cute and I just want her to wear one. Not all the time, obviously, but when we go places. She kind of hates them. But, she hates everything I put on her including leashes, collars, hair brushing so I just figure she has to learn to tolerate it, right? Haha. Anyways, I finally got a bow to stay in her hair for about 40 minutes tonight until I finally freed her from the torment and she was mighty adorable.



7. BLANKET
A very special THANK YOU to my roomie Claire's mom for getting Finley a sweet little blanket! It's the cutest thing and it's already come in handy a bunch. Plus, the animal print is perfect for a puppy :)


She even got her name monogrammed on it!

Again, Finley = spoiled. (And, not just by me!)

Okay, that's all I've got.
I'll "B" seeing you!

0 comments: