August 9, 2012

Teacher's Fashion Linky Party

So, there's a Teacher's Fashion linky party over at From Blood to Books. It's all about what teacher's wear! Sounds fun, so I'm joining in :)


1. What's your favorite store to get your "teacher fashion?"
I really shop at a lot of places. But, I'm a simple girl so the majority of my clothes come from Target and Old Navy. I also shop alot at Loft, Gap and Francesca's. I usually steer clear of the big department stores because I never know which department to find good stuff in! I'm still drawn to the Juniors section... and yet it's all too junior-y. But, in my mind, a lot of the other clothes seem too "mom-ish." It's quite the dilemma.

Seriously about to order this from oldnavy.com!

2. What are some of your favorite accessories?
Right now, I'm into bangle bracelets. I like to mix and match them. I've bought several different kinds of colorful beaded hoop earrings in the last few weeks. And, I always adore a good long necklace. Honestly, though, I have a ton of jewelry that I just don't wear. For some reason, when I put it on, it seems too much. So I usually end up taking most of it off. I guess I like one good piece instead of a lot of little pieces. Ohhh, and for some reason, I'm all about a side ponytail.

Pinned Image
Love these bangles.

Pinned Image
And, love this necklace from Anthropologie.

3. What kind of shoes do you teach in?
Um, cowboy boots! Maybe not the most professional, but I LOVE them! I think they're so cute with a little dress. That's for sure my favorite look right now. I also wear several different kinds of boots in the winter - rain boots and Steve Madden's are my faves. When it's warm, I wear little sandals if I'm not wearing my cowboy boots.

Pinned Image
Be still my heart.

4. Do you have a "go-to" item in your closet?
I have a bunch of little cotton dresses that I pull out all the time when I can't find anything else. Dress and cowboy boots. Every time. And, 99.9% of them are black. I adore black.

Pinned Image

Pinned Image
I have a million dresses similar to these. I can't stop buying them. I wear them in summer and winter. They're seriosuly the best.

5. Have you ever had a fashion "uh-oh" at school?
I'm a mess. A better question for me would be "Have you ever NOT had a fashion "uh-oh" at school?" I get dry-erase marker on basically every pair of pants I own. I even have a marker streak on my beloved boots. How sad is that? Last year, a strap on one of my sandals broke in the middle of the day and I had to walk around all day with my shoe flapping off my foot... that was a particularly bad one :)

On an unrelated note, we had Open House tonight. And, the sweet secretary at our school volunteered/begged to watch Finley for me tonight during Open House! How nice was that? I totally took her up on it because a) I could never tell her no and b) the poor puppy had already been in a crate all day. 4 more hours would have been miserable for her. I just adore my school and all the wonderful people I work with.

I'll post some of the stuff my third graders have been working on this week a little later. I'm just too tired. And, I've got some puppy cuddling to do :)


4 comments:

Kim said...

I have the same problem with the juniors section! Love how it looks, but I'm just too old for it now! ;-)

Amanda Madden said...

LOVE a dress and cowboy boots! Just found you through the linky and am your newest follower. :)

Amanda
Teaching Maddeness

Julia said...

So I pretty much related to your entire post. :) I totally have the same juniors dept/mama dept dilemma EVERY time I go shopping! I'm now a follower...stop by my NEW blog if you get a chance. :) http://lattesnlaughter.blogspot.com/

Jess said...

Thanks so much for linking up! I've been eyeballing the same dress from Old navy.com for awhile now. And that Chevron dress? Love it love it!

Jess
From Blood to Books!