August 12, 2012

Weekend in Gleason

My mom, Finley and I went to my grandmother's in Gleason this weekend. It's always fun to get to go see her and spend time there. There's not a lot to do there... so, we spend a lot of time just lounging around, watching tv and now playing with the puppy :)

We did venture out on Saturday to a couple of flea markets. I hit the JACKPOT! I've been looking for cheap chapter books for my classroom library. This was pretty much a necessity since I moved from first grade to third. I bought 83 books and the grand total was... $35! Not bad at all! They were good books, too. I got some Harry Potter, Judy Moody, Junie B. Jones, Babysitter's Little Sister, Cam Jansen, Beverly Cleary and Judy Blume. Plus, a ton of "no-name" books that the kids will love, too. It was all very exciting. I'm working on making some labels for the library and organizing them and then I'll show you... along with some other stuff about school. Maybe later this week :)

Books, books and more books.

Miss Finley was a pretty funny puppy this weekend so I took a few pictures of her.

This is her "Maybe if I make this sweet face, you'll get me out of my crate" face. It doesn't always work, but this day it did. So she spent the whole ride to West Tennessee snoozing in my lap. And, I didn't mind one little bit :)

When we got there, we spent basically the whole time on the porch. Because it was nice outside and because it was not nice inside. You see, my grandmother keeps the air set at about 89 degrees. I keep my air on 70. So, I'm usually basically miserable at her house. It's so hot I can't breathe. My aunt and I took turns cutting the air down a little at a time. I think when we left we had gotten it down to about 75 which is much better  than 89!!

A neighbor's cat came up to the door and we had a little stare-down. It may or may not have lasted about five minutes.

But, Finley finally started barking and the cat took off! Finley was feeling pretty proud of herself after that :)

But, she kept her eyes on the door the rest of the night.

On the way home this afternoon, Finley didn't even make her "get me out" face. She just layed down and slept the whole way. And, now she's laying on my bed asleep again... I guess we wore her out!

She's going to the groomer for the first time next Saturday. I realized this weekend that she's starting to look a little rough! Ha. Her hair's basically out of control. She looks like a mad scientist.

All in all, we had a great weekend.

It was nice to get away for a few days.

0 comments: