November 20, 2012

"Hey Lady!"

I'm officially on Thanksgiving Break! Woo hoo!
 
And, as you know, I've been a pretty pitiful blogger lately. I blame it on school. It sucks all my energy right out of my body. But, I have lots of stuff to share (none of which is important, obviously) so I thought I'd play a little catch-up tonight.
 
Last weekend was a blast. Let me tell you why...
 
 I went to Franklin Friday night because I had lots of stuff planned with the parentals.
 
Finley was happy to see my dad. Because, he clearly handles her with such precision and care...
 
On Saturday, I went with my dad to have breakfast with my grandpa. I haven't talked too much about him on this blog... but, he's adorable. I love him. He's 89, opinionated and cranky if you happen to be in the food-service industry... but, also, the sweetest man I know.
 
We went to Cracker Barrel and when he wanted to get our waitresses attention... he just yelled "Hey lady!" across the restaraunt.
 
Awesome.
 
When we got back to his house, we hung out outside because my cousin was having a yard sale at his house. He has an amazing yard sale house because he lives on a really busy yard. So, it was fun to see some of my family I never get to see.
 
He would never, ever, ever admit it... but, my grandpa is kind of smitten with Miss Finley.
 
In fact, she spent the entire time we were there in his lap.
 
I couldn't put her down because every time I did she jumped all over poor unsuspecting shoppers and nosedived into the leaves. She even got a garage sale sticker stuck to her face and it took three of us to get it out. She's a pain.
 
But, she's pretty cute. I have proof: a man at the garage sale offered me $30 for her.
 
I'm not kidding.
 
Saturday afternoon, Blakely brought Hampton over because they were headed to the Vandy-UT game. Finley and Hampton have a love-hate relationship. Finley LOVES Hampton and Hampton HATES Finley. Ha! But, I decided not to go to the game so I stayed home and helped my mom keep track of the pups.
 
My mom turned to me about 15 minutes before the game and said "Too bad we don't have a Vandy bow for Finley and a UT bow for Hampy."
 
Challenge excepted.
 
I ran to the craft room and dug up two bows and we decked out our little rival puppies :)
 
No idea why their eyes look so creepy!
 
They even called a truce...
 
 
And, I just want to say that I took the bows out right after the picture. We don't torture our dogs around here. Well, we do. But, not with clothing.
 
About 10 minutes into the game, the dogs got really quiet. I looked over and saw this:
 
That would be both of them passed out cold. And, Hampy does that all the time but I can count on one hand how many times Finley has fallen asleep on the floor. She NEVER does that. She either sleeps on me or on my bed or in her crate. She never falls asleep playing. She was WIPED OUT from chasing her buddy all day. She slept the entire next day and I'm not exaggerating at all.
 
It was also pretty exciting when Vandy beat UT! We are HUGE Vanderbilt fans and we pretty much loathe UT. So, this win was fun for us. And, we're also excited that Vandy will be going to a bowl game for the second year in a row! (I realize that's not a huge feat... but, believe me. It is for the Dores!)
 
So, that was my weekend.
 
I love my family and I love spending time with them.
 
So, weekends at home are my favorite kind :)

0 comments: