December 12, 2012

12 in 12!

Hello, friends. I'm going to link up with Miss Kindergarten and A Teeny Tiny Teacher's awesome party today: hold your excitement, I beg you. I did this linky last year and I really enjoyed reading about everyone's year. And, to be honest, Kristen from A Teeny Tiny Teacher is maybe my favorite blogger ever! She's hilariously witty and sometimes she comments on my blog and it makes my entire week because she's a BIG. TIME. CELEBRITY. At least to me, she is. If you don't read her blog, you are missing out!!
 
Click here to join the party!
 
 
12. Favorite Movie You Watched
 
I'll say The Hunger Games. It was good. I'll be honest, it didn't leave this huge gaping hole in my heart when it was over. And, I don't know what's wrong with me... but, I wasn't as big a fan of the series as every other woman in America seems to be. But, like I said, it was fine. It was a fun night out with my friends and I'm sure I'll see all the other movies. I really need to go to the movies more!
 
11. Favorite TV Series
 
This was the year I discovered Friday Night Lights on Netflix. And then proceeded to watch the entire series in a month. And then watched it again immediately after. I was slightly obsessed this summer. It was a little unhealthy. But, it's soooooo good! I will never understand why that show wasn't promoted more and it makes me sad that it never found a big fan base because it's a REALLY GOOD show! I also really like Parenthood, which is interesting because both shows are written and produced by the same people! I like what I like, what can I say?
 
10. Favorite Restaurant
 
Hmmmm, I'll go with Cracker Barrel. I've never had a bad meal there, have you? It's familiar and it makes me happy and I do love some biscuits, guys. Plus they sell candy in the lobby. So, yeah. Cracker Barrel, it is.
 
9. Favorite New Thing You Tried
 
Oh, well, this little thing called TEACHING THIRD GRADE! Ha. Ya'll, I was soooo, sooo scared to move grades this year. Excited, but scared. And, I had told my principal that I was okay with moving so I knew that if I was miserable this year I could only blame myself. But, thankthelord, I LOVE third grade! Love it. It's stressful and hard and all that, believe me. But, I can 100% say I don't have 1 regret in moving grades.
 
8. Favorite Gift You Received
 
I got a Kindle Fire last Christmas. And, I loved it. Until it died. And, lazy me never got it fixed. But, for 4 short months, it was awesome. Really awesome. Finger crossed for an iPad this year :)
 
7. Favorite Thing You Pinned
 
Pinned Image
Weird, I know. But I pinned this iPhone case and then actually bought it! I never do that, but I knew as soon as I saw it that it was the perfect case for me. Because we all know that's really important...
 
6. Favorite Blog Post
 
I made a blog post this summer about my love for Tim Riggins on Friday Night Lights. And, uh, um, the "research" I did was quite exstensive. I had to do a lot of google searching for images and all that. It was just glorious torturous, let me tell you. Here it is: Oh, Tim Riggins. And, just to warn you, if you're not a fan of Tim, you will be after reading this. At least, that was the goal :)
 
5. Favorite Accomplishment
 
 
I think maybe my favorite accomplishment is decorating my bedroom. That's a little pathetic, isn't it? But, I don't care. It took a lot of work!
 
4. Favorite Picture
 
This picture was taken the day I got my puppy Finley. She was TEENY TINY and weighed about a pound and a half. I love this pic because I want to always remember how sweet and little she was.
 
 
3. Favorite Memory
 
My brother and sister-in-law got married in September and that was a great memory. Fun times, friend. Fun times.
 
2. Goals for 2013
 
I'll be honest. I'm not the biggest goals fan. I have some goals for school (that revolve mostly around test scores). My personal goals are to keep my house clean and to keep myself out of drama.
 
1. One Little Word
 
My word for 2013 will be QUIET. I'm going to do my best to be quiet and listen. To be quiet and stay out of drama. To be quiet when I can't say something nice. I just want to be more quiet....
 
It was a great year and I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store!
 
 

4 comments:

Miss Foote said...

So jealous of your cracker barrel. We don't have any out here on the west coast. Once we were on vacation and we ate our Thanksgiving dinner at Cracker Barrel...delicious.

Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee

Rikki said...

So glad you love third grade. I had to move grades this year too. I went from 2nd to 1st. However I found out I really like 1st and I didn't think I would. Who would have thought? Change is good.
ą®Rikki

The Hive

Miss Trayers said...

Finley is just adorable! I love Friday Night Lights too-the acting, the way it was shot, the writing--everything was just so good.

NotJustChild'sPlay

Marcy said...

I also found Friday Night Lights on netflicks and I love some Tim Riggins!!! :)

Love your class, it's similar to mine with the polka dots. My theme is dots on black.