April 25, 2013

LBL 2013

Once upon a time, a LONG, LONG time ago, it was Spring Break. And, I went with the second graders at my school to Land Between the Lakes. This is the third year I've been and it's a trip I LOVE to go on! This year was, well, rough. Really rough. We just had a lot of things go wrong and the kids weren't exactly as well behaved as we'd prefer. All the adults were pretty much over the whole thing by the time we left there on the third day. But, now that it's been a few weeks, I'm over it. It really was a once-in-a-lifetime trip for a lot of these kids and it's fun to see it all through their eyes :) I took a bunch of pictures so I thought I'd share some of the fun things we did:

Here's all the boys in my cabin ready to hit the road! I love kids in rain boots :)

Before we left, I had to get some sweet baby cuddles from Brenda! Her sister was in my class last year and her brother is in my class this year: and, I ADORE THEM ALL!
Squeeeeeeezeeee!

First stop was the Homestead where kiddos got to learn about chores in the olden days... fun, fun!

They got to learn about cotton...

and peek out of windows that are really high up!

We played games outside after every meal. (And, when I say "played games" I really mostly mean "kept kids out of the lake.")

Speaking of the lake, it was GORGEOUS!

We even dressed up Ms. A as a beaver!

We may or may not have made a Harlem Shake video in which Mrs. Kristy had to sit on the mantle to film and she may or may not have split her pants open. Hmmm....

All in all, it was fun trip.

I'm just glad I have a year to rest until the next one :)

0 comments: