June 17, 2013

A productive day...

I'm not sure how it happened, but I actually got a lot done today! Of course, none of it was important, but still!

I went to Michaels and came home with some great stuff!

I apologize because all the pictures turned out blurry. It happens every time I try to blog from my phone. Grrrrrrrr.

The first thing I got was this jewelry holder. I've been looking for a nice way to display my earrings because I am forever losing them. I saw this and thought it was perfect!


I don't know if you've been to Michael's lately, but their dollar bin is awesome right now! I got this cute zebra tray for a buck. 





I don't know why, but I kind of LOVE it!

I also found this cool paper on sale for three dollars. They are cards that you fold in half. I'm not going to use them as cards, though. I'll keep you posted :)



I got a new piece of furniture for my classroom this year that someone gave me. And, I felt like I would need a big piece to put over it because it's pretty massive. So, I grabbed a red frame ad my favorite pack of scrapbook paper ever. I buy this stuff over and over because it's fun, bright and happy! 



I printed off a quite that I had been eyeing on Pinterest for awhile. I found it at eighteen25.blogspot.com. I used some scrapbook paper to make a mat around the quote. 



It's not perfect. In fact, it's kind of messy. But I am sooooo not a perfectionist! So, I love it, ha. It's colorful and kid-friendly. I plan to let the kids make self portraits the first day and I'm going to hang them around it. Well, that's the plan. Who knows if it will happen?

I also have a random space above my board. I tried hanging reading strategies there last year, but it was honestly not great because it was on the opposite side of the room from my guided reading table. So, I moved them and that space was blank half the year. You can seethe space in this picture, it's orange.



So anyway, I decided I wanted to hang some quotes up there this year. I was thinking about buying cheap frames and spray painting them fun colors. But, when I was reunited with my favorite paper, I got an even better idea! 



Still colorful, and a looooooot cheaper! Win, win! I used quotes that I've seen around the Internet, quotes that I say a lot, and quotes that my parents used to say to me :) I like then because I feel like that is kind of just wasted space: so, it might as well be cute, right?







So, yeah. That's what I did today. Want to know what Finley did while I was working? 



I knew I bought all those pillows for a reason :) 

1 comments:

Lauren said...

You have been busy! I've been on the couch all day!