June 20, 2013

I heart summer.

  Today was lots of fun! It started off like all days in the summer: sleeping until 10:30! There's not much that makes me happier than that. Then, this afternoon, I went up to my school and had a puppy play-date with two of my favorite students and their mom/aunt. These sweet kiddos are cousins and I had Natalie in first grade and Philip in third grade this year! I love them and their mom/aunt. She always helped me in my classroom and we loved to chat in the mornings when she walked them to class. They're the sweetest family. When we got to the playground, it started POURING! So, we just sat under the porch at school and talked and hung out for a while. Then, when the sun came out, we went down to the playground. Finley was SO WILD! I have never seen her act like she did: she was running so fast, flipping and tripping over her leash and grabbing mouthfuls of grass. She got sooooooo dirty and had to come home and go straight to the bathtub! Now, she's sleeping. My favorite thing ever is when she sleeps because she's all sweet and cuddly. I'm really enjoying being able to be at home with her in the summer :)
 
Here are some pics from the day:
 
Love them!

Wish my eyes didn't look closed: I'm so squinty!

It's raining, it's pouring....

but, that didn't stop Finley!

Does this look like a puppy who played hard? Ha!

She hates baths. Just hates them.

 All clean and ready for a nap!
 
Yesterday, I took a few things up to my classroom. It was the stuff I blogged about earlier this week. Mostly I just wanted to drop it all off so that it wasn't sitting in my house all summer. I hate stuff just sitting around. And, well, one thing lead to another and... gulp... I set my classroom up!
 



This is new and I am in LOVE!

At the end of last year, I worked on organizing all my books in those red and blue containers. I love how clean and organized that shelf looks now!

 
I honestly only stayed for about two and a half hours! It's so easy to set it up when you aren't changing classrooms and you aren't planning on rearranging anything. I'm not going back up there until July, but I do feel better knowing that some of it is done.
 
Well, that's all I've got to share for now. I wanted to warn you  that I'm planning on sharing some pictures of my house soon because I want to have a Home Tour tab on my blog. And, I don't know any other way to do it. So, if decorating's not your thing, just know that those are more for me than for you :)
 
Toodles, Poodles!
 
 

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Love your classroom!

I need lots of help in mine!

Suzanne said...

I love your classroom! I teach fifth grade, and I would love for you to decorate my room! Where did you get the big letters for your objective board and word wall? Also where did you find the black letters on the plates? I s that green frog tape?

Lindsay said...

Thanks, Suzanne! I get all my letters from the Parent Teacher Store. I think they should still have both the colored ones and black ones, but they're both a few years old. The tape is teacher tape that I also get at the PT store. It's really sticky!