June 4, 2013

What I Listen To (Gym Edition)


I was thinking this week that I might blog about some of my playlists. I have a bunch and I get a lot of questions about my playlists that I play at school. I'll share those soon. But, tonight I'm going to share another playlist - because I just made it! 
 
So, I mentioned in one of my recent posts that one of my goals this summer is to consistently work out. I've actually been walking every day for about an hour - but I had to get back in the habit of going to the gym. I -HATE- the gym. I never want to go. Once I get there, it's okay. But, getting in my car to drive over there and then having to shower when I get home - uh. I'm lazy, ya'll!

 


I pretty much had to do something to psych myself up to go. So, I did what everybody does: I made a new playlist! I actually haven't made a workout playlist in a long time and any time I've worked out in the last few years (which, admittedly, was pretty much never) I just used my old playlist.
 
I tried my new songs out at the gym today and they were AWESOME! I just wanted to share it in case anybody out there needed a little "get movin" motivation like I did :)

1. Can't Hold Us - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton

2. Good Time - Owl City & Carly Rae Jepson

3. Here's To Never Growing Up - Avril Lavigne

4. What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction

5. 'Till I Collapse - Eminem

6. Arcadia - Ash

7. Die Young - Ke$ha

8. Come & Get It - Selena Gomez

9. Whistle - Flo Rida

10. Done - The Band Perry

11. Up Up & Away - Kid Cudi

12. Feel This Moment - Pitbull ft. Christina Aguilera

13. Starships - Nicki Minaj

14. Pom Poms - Jonas Brothers

15. Don't Stop Believin' - Glee (I prefer this version, because I'm a dork)

16. Cruise (Remix) - Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly

17. Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO

So, there it is.
 
 Do you know of any songs I should add or any songs that you love to listen to at the gym? I think a good playlist makes all the difference in a good workout :) And, I'm open to any great songs I can add to my list. I mean, if I'm going to be miserable, I might as well be miserable with good music, right?


3 comments:

Marissa said...

My running playlist is very similar! Some other songs I have are:

- Dog Days are Over by Florence + The Machine (starts slow but once it gets going it'll pump you up)
- Shake it Out also by Flo + the Mac
- Some Nights by fun.
- Barbara Streisand by Duck Sauce (I think there's a Glee version too!)
- I Love It by Icona Pop
- and some MJ to top it off

Enjoy!

Your newest follower,
Marissa
Here's the Hoot

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay, Don't be too hard on yourself: you actually burn more calories walking briskly than 30 minutes riding like a crazy person on a stationary bike. :-) From Lori in Langley,BC

pfon said...

This is a month old, but hopefully you are still getting to the gym. I listen to pop music constantly. Especially, Ke$ha and Britney. My husband admitted to me yesterday that he likes to listen to pop songs (Ke$ha) when he works out because he can stay on track. haha.. Oops supposed to be a SECRET!! Love your play list!!!

-PFons-