July 7, 2013

Life Lately...


Lots going on. None of it important. Shall I make a list? Yeah. I'll make a list.

1. My newest obsession is Instagram. I know, that's not new. But it's new to me because I'm super lame. If you want to follow some random pictures of food, a spoiled rotten puppy and all my latest crafts and adventures, my account is lindrid. (Autocorrect just made me type that nine times: awesome!) I'd link it so all you have to do is click. But, who are we kidding? I have no idea how to do that.



2. So, as I've been on Instagram a bunch  lately (too much?) I have a few new favorite apps! Well, the first is not new. I've been using it  for a while. It's called Red Stamp. It's a way to make digital cards on your phone with your pictures. 


Look at all those choices! Here's a pic I made with the app:


The other app I've been using is A Beautiful  Mess. It's totally amazing! You can add fonts and borders to pictures and they're all super cute!



And, here's a sample:



Obviously, I try out all apps using my favorite little subject!

3. I've had the laziest Fourth of July weekend ever! I've been at my parents a few days because I can convince myself it's a mini vacation, ha! It's rained non-stop so fireworks plans were cancelled. We've been puppy sitting for my brother and my mom and I have done a little shopping and crafting. That's honestly it. It's been so relaxing! I'm happy to relax because I have lots of stuff planned next week and  a girl's beach trip Friday: can't even wait! Here are some pics from the weekend:


We made seven pom poms. Four for my classroom and three for a friend's. Super easy!


My mom made the Pioneer Woman's BBQ and it is seriously amazing! And it makes a ton. Highly recommend it!


I've decided this weekend that my dog is a thug. She may look sweet but she just terrorizes Hampy non-stop. She runs up to her and nips at her and will NOT back down, even when Hampy does it back. I have a terrorist puppy! At least she's a cute terrorist...


Hampy girl is pretty cute, too.


And, this needs no explanation. 

4. I spent another day at school last week and got a ton done. Other than helping a friend this week, I'm through going up there until at least the week of the 20th. And, we have inservice starting pretty close to then because school starts August 1st. I feel so much relief knowing it's mostly done. Now I can focus on some things I want to change this year academically and not have to worry about organizing and cleaning. Woo hoo! I'll do a seperate post with a bunch of pictures closer to the beginning of the year. But, here's a sneak peek for now...



5. I figured out a fun way to add backgrounds to my iPad and phone! This may be common knowledge, I don't know. But, if you go to Fabric.com, you can save images of any fabric you want to your device! And then, you can just go in and crop out the ruler on the bottom and save them as a wallpaper! 





Fun, huh? And the best part is that there are literally thousands to choose from!

Oh, also? If you need fabric, that site is awesome and very cheap! Who knew?

Okay, I think that's all. 

Have a good rest of the weekend!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

love your classroom so far. I can't wait to get in my room and start working!

pfon said...

How did you put the curtain/fabric up to cover your book shelf? I am unfortunately going to get stuck with some ugly ones and this would really brighten up the room.

Thanks for your help.

Plus, I absolutely love your blog and Finely. I have a dog but I am the crazy cat lady, I have a FEW. I cannot believe you start back on the 1st. It is great for us stockers to see what you have planned for the beginning of school though.

Best Wishes,
-PFons-

pfon said...

Oops spelled Finley wrong.. Sorry!!

-PFons-

Lindsay said...

I think the bookcase coverings look better in pictures than they do in real life. But, I actually hot glued them! I put the hot glue on the inside of the top. I started with the middle, did both sides and then glued in between. And I just hot glued the ribbon directly to the front of the shelf. A perfectionist, I am not. Ha!

Thanks for reading!

Anonymous said...

Love your room! What app. did you use to write: My Classroom on top of that picture. I have been searching for that app. and haven't been able to find it.

Lindsay said...

It's the one I wrote about in this post: A Beautiful Mess.