August 1, 2013

Classroom Tour 2013

If you've been here before or have seen my classroom in person, you'll notice it looks a lot like last year. But, I did add a few new things and I wanted to share em' on the blog since I took pictures tonight before Open House.
Yes, you read that correct. We had our first day of school today and Open House tonight. And, well, um, I miss my kids from last year. Like, really miss them. I always forget how squirrely the kids are the first day and how you have to teach them everything in the entire world there is to know. At least that's what it feels like. But, that's the idea. It's what teachers do, right? So, it'll all be good and I'll love those babies and consider them my own in no time, I'm sure. And most of them seems really sweet and cute. That's always good. I'm extrasuperthankful that tomorrow's another inservice day so that I can at least make some darn lesson plans. That'd be good. Right?
Anyways, here's my third grade classroom. The lights are really weird in all these pictures and they uploaded all out of order. But, I'm too tired to fix it. Did I mention we just had our first day of school? Ha.
As I've said before, I don't do themes. Just not my thing. (Although, if I did, it would TOTALLY be a pirate theme. No question. Ha.) I just cut buttons out on the die-cut to make this little garland and added a welcome sign.


I love my classroom sign. I bought it on Etsy for twenty bucks and added a bunch of ribbon scraps to the wire.

Here's the view from the door.

Left side of the room...


My reading corner.

Small group area w/ new stools from Old Time Pottery!

I had to take a picture of their totes because I'm sure they'll be a big old mess within the next two weeks, ha!

My new academic vocabulary word wall.


More reading corner...




Whole group area...








My new piece of furniture will be used as Daily 5 book boxes and other centers.



Okay, I'm off to bed.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


19 comments:

Mrs. Anderson said...

Your room looks so cute, colorful and organized!!
Connie Anderson:)
www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Love your classroom! Adorable.

Ms. Shope's Class said...

I love your room! So many great and CUTE ideas!! :)

pfon said...

I love your room! I am not doing themes either just bright colors. I am teaching third as well and it is nice to see that you are doing a calendar. I am still debating if I will put one since I teach math and science. Should I? Okay and I am convinced now that I have to do the balloon wreath. I have been debating it and now it is confirmed. Thanks for sharing your room with us and can't wait to hear/see yOur classroom ideas.

-PFons-

Susan K. said...

Hi! I love your classroom - don't you just wish it could look like this ALL YEAR LONG? Yeah, me, too. Any way, I love how your use having files for their portfolio work. I use the same system as you for mail, but I LOVE the idea of putting the papers in hanging files so it's much more manageable and organized. Now I just throw the papers in the crates with the portfolios, and it's total chaos. Also, my students love those Full House books so they will definitely get read.

Anonymous said...

Those mini-lockers (at least that's what I think they are) are just aDORable!

Anonymous said...

Your classroom looks BEAUTIFUL! Your hard work has made it a wonderful welcoming environment for kids to learn! Well done!

Anonymous said...

you have the cutest classroom Ive ever seen! Colorful and inviting yet sleek and uncluttered. Great Job!

Lindsay said...

I love your room! It's so bright & cheerful. Just like you, I don't do a theme. I just love a colorful & uncluttered room.

MsAPlusTeacher said...

Love your room! Especially your quote, "What I like most about my classroom is whom I share it." Love that! I'm a sucker for bright colors and patterns... I could live in your room... :) It's splendid!

Thanks so sharing. I can't wait to explore more of your blog!

Amanda
My Shoe String
Follow me on Bloglovin'

catherine said...

Very cute room. I'm wondering where you bought (or made0 your welcome letters on the top of your cabinets from.

Lindsay said...

I bought the letters at a flea market in Nashville!

Anonymous said...

Hi -

Love your room!!! Love the idea of the bin in the middle of the pods with cups of pencils, dry erase markers, etc. I can't tell from the pic and want to know....what's in the soap holders on the opposite side of the bin?

Lindsay said...

Thanks so much! I bought the soap dispensers to store crayons but that didn't work out because it was too hard to put the crayons in and close them. So, we use them to store marker board erasers (which are make up sponges from Dollar Tree) and their big link erasers. They also keep tickets they get for good behavior in there.

Crystal Hutchins said...

Love this! What is in the soap holders? It looks like a scrubby pad and a glue stick. Just curious. ☺

Crystal Hutchins said...

Love this! What is in the soap holders? It looks like a scrubby pad and a glue stick. Just curious. ☺

Crystal Hutchins said...

Love this! What is in the soap holders? It looks like a scrubby pad and a glue stick. Just curious. ☺

Anonymous said...

Beautiful room everything is so organized and inviting for your students!

mary said...

hi! your room is so cute! can you tell me where you found your blue caddies on the table that are holding the ir supplies. i cant find one big enough for my soap holders like you hAVE. THANKS!