August 3, 2013

Weekend Update

First of all, thanks so much for the sweet comments on my last post. I just feel like so many bloggers have inspired me as a teacher. Blogs have changed my teaching for the better and I just want to be a part of that awesome community! That's why I shared the pictures. If they give one person a good idea, I'm happy :)

This weekend, I needed a little getaway. I know you can relate, but the first few days of school are super stressful. And I sat down to make lesson plans Friday ad I was so out of practice! I couldn't even concentrate. So, I came to my parent's house. They live about thirty minutes away from me and they provide a perfect little vacation at the end of a long week. Plus, they cook me food and watch my puppy. So, yeah. Awesomeness. 


Also, my sweet grandpa, who is 89, had a health scare yesterday and ended up in the hospital for a night. We thought he might need a pacemaker, but the docs gave him a great report and sent him home this afternoon, thank goodness! That's part of the reason I couldn't concentrate on lesson plans, to be honest. We headed out to see him last night at the hospital and he was in great spirits! I'm just so thankful he's okay! 

My mom and I ran a few errands this morning. We went in Target and I bought some makeup and some other necessities. Why is shopping for makeup so fun?!? We also went by PetSmart because a certain little stinker had eaten almost all of her toys? If someone could invent an indestructible dog toy, they'd make millions. 


These toys won't last a week, but they cost a dollar! We also got her some Nylabones and yummy apple treats! I've never been so tempted to eat a dog treat  in my life, but y'all? They smell like green apple blow pops! Ha!

I also helped my mom with a little DIY project! She wanted something to hang on her door for the fall. So we went to Michael's and made a fun little hydrangea basket. Now I want one!!



We went to Hobby lobby tonight after dinner and left Finley with my dad. When we got home, this is what I saw:



I mean, really? Look at her paws! She is living the life, guys. I feel bad because she's been in her cage a ton this week since I've been staying late at school every day. So, I'm glad she got a little spoiled this weekend :) Plus, she has to go to the vet this week and get some shots. But, shhhhhh. Don't tell her that.

Well, that's been my day. Just trying to relax a little before the craziness of next week. I'm headed off to take a bubble bath! 

Toodles, poodles!

1 comments:

Lauren said...

I love going home for my Harper to get spoiled too!