September 22, 2013

Long Time, No Blog

Sorry about that. I'm still here. It's just that my computer is broken. So I'm going to blog from my phone today - not the best. But it's better than nothing, right?

And, be prepared for some randomness. Although, you guys all know that's how I roll anyways :)

First up, it's finally FALL! I love fall. I spent this afternoon doing a little decorating. I'm in love with my little house right now because all the orange makes it so cozy! 







And, when I finished, I rewarded myself with a tasty treat from Taco Bell!


I ran in Michael's this afternoon to grab something and I left with a dog Halloween costume. I know, I know. So annoying. But, I got it really cheap. And, come on. How can you resist a maltipoo dressed like a cow? A maltimoo??



Does this make me a bad person???

As far as school goes, everything's going well. I'm LOVING my sweet kiddos and we are really starting to hit our stride. One thing I've been working on is leveling all my books by AR colors. Our school is putting a huge emphasis on AR this year and my kiddos we having a hard time finding books that were on their level. So, I made it easy for them. And I'm soooo glad I did! They're all about the library now! 


They're also all about writing. I tricked them on Friday into taking a test on point of view and they didn't even realize it was a test! Ha! They wrote and wrote and wrote and I eventually had to tell them to stop because we had to move on! 


I received this cute note from a sweet little boy this week. My favorite part? When he asks if I'm a math genious. Little does he know I had to take Algebra about three times because I couldn't pass the Algebra 2 test and I had to take a remedial math course in college because of my math ACT score. So, needless to say, I've never been called a math genious before! I have been called some bad names by some very frustrated math tutors, though :) Juuust kidding. Kind of. 


Oh, and make sure you do not look at those circles! (I looove my job. No other job in the world puts you in contact with so much adorableness. Except maybe a baby koala bear holder. Is that a job? That'd be pretty adorable, too.)


I pushed all my kids desks together last week and I'm pretty sure I'll never, ever, ever go back to groups. They make me feel like I'm in a maze 24/7. My room feels HUGE now! And, bonus, we can all fit in a circle on the carpet together now. So, that's always good. 


We also had picture day. I was so impressed with all the fancy shoes! I'm pretty sure when I had picture day as a kid, my mom busted out the clean Keds for the big moment. That was as fancy as it got. I'm jealous. 

I'm going to end with some cute pics of the pup. Because, she entertains me. What can I say? 





Okay, that's all I've got. Hope you have a great week! I'll be steadily reminding myself that I have two weeks until Fall Break. I can do it, I can do it...

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Your house is PERFECT! we have many of the same styles! LOVE IT!

{ amy } said...

I absolutely love your blog..such great ideas for writing!! I have a question, which I'm sure is pretty obvious, but was wondering how exactly you use it- (the red & green marks for capitals & punctuation)? Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas! Your dog is adorable btw! :)

Lindsay said...

Thanks so much! I used the red and green mostly when I taught first grade. I taught them that sentences were like a stoplight and the green means go, which is the capital at the beginning. And, the red means stop, which is the punctuation. We also used yellow in the middle to slow down when we come to commas, proper nouns, etc... Hope that helps!!