December 31, 2013

2013


Happy New Year!

In honor of the new year, I'm going to share some of my favorite memories from 2013: enjoy!

Last January, we went to the Music City Bowl to cheer on Vanderbilt. They won! And, we froze because it sleeted the whole game, ha! 

In February, we had Book Character Day at school and my friends and I dressed up as running record characters. Be jealous. This was definitely one of our finer moments ;)

In March, we took the second graders to Land Between the Lakes! This is one of my favorite trips every year.

Also, we were knee-deep in TCAP preparation in third grade! This was the year I learned allllll about standardized testing - joy. 

In April, this little stinker turned one year old!

At school, we took the big test and then had Teacher Appreciation week.

May was spent wrapping up the school year! We had a pirate week that the kiddos loved! 

They also made brochures for the future third graders. This one was my favorite :)

June was spent spending time with this little booger. She was pretty happy to have somebody at home with her every day.

We also went to Arkansas for a week to cheer on Matt!

I had a puppy play date at school with some super cute former students.

My mom and I took several trips to Gleason with our favorite little traveling companion.

And, we had some family come and visit us for a little shopping and fun.

Early July was spent setting up my classroom.

On the fourth, it rained. Sadness. 

And, in late July, I went to the beach with my friends! Soooo fun!

I was pretty happy to be reunited with this little pup when I got back! 


School started back on August 1st this year! 

I finally got my bedroom completely decorated.

And, well, mostly I spent August staring at this. It's what teachers do the first month of school.

In September, we headed back to Gleason for Labor Day.

At school, I taught tees kiddos how to read to themselves. Ahhhhh.....

I also spent many nights in September working on this. I reorganized my library by AR levels and I'm soooo happy I did!

We also found out in late September that Matt and Blakely were having a baby! 

In October, we made a timeline of famous Americans and learned how to research.

I had a pumpkin painting party with some friends

On Fall Break, I rearranged my bedroom and watched obscene amounts of Gilmore Girls and Friends. As you do...

My mom and I took a shopping trip to Atlanta, too.

On Halloween, it rained. But I still dressed up my little maltimoo :)

Oh, and my kids made te cutest pumpkin book characters I've ever seen! 

In November, we found out the baby was a girl!!! We had a big party at our house.

My grandma came for a visit.

At school, we spent a lot of time playing in the leaves.

We also took a field trip to the Parthenon.

And we spent two weeks studying the gods and goddesses!

The weekend before Thanksgiving I decorated for Christmas. Yes, I did.

We went to Gleason for Thanksgiving.

In December, we got our much-anticipated first snow day! (Hopefully, 2014 will have many more!)

I spent every single night watching ABC Family.

We added a new stocking to the mantle at my parents' house :)

I wet caroling after school with the third and fourth graders.

We made candy forests on the last week of school.

We celebrated Daddy Doug's 90th birthday.

And, we had a great Christmas. 

So long, 2013! 

Happy New Year from me to you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Lindsay! All the best to you and your family in 2014. Keep blogging too:-)
Lori in Langley

Angela Hevron said...

I just found your blog through a pin on Pinterest, and I am loving reading through it! Love seeing all the pictures of your sweet dog. I miss my 2 dogs terribly. I am currently teaching English to blind kiddos in South Korea, and my 2 dogs are at home in Texas with one of my best friends. I'll be home in less than 4 months though.
I'm your newest follower on Bloglovin!
Angela
Southern Fried Teachin’