November 6, 2014

Our New Playground

Last week, we got a brand new playground. And, let me tell you, it was an awesome experience to be a part of! 

The playground was sponsored by the Nashville Predators. As you will notice when you see it! Ha! And, we worked with the company KaBoom! You might have seen it on Parks and Rec in season 2. And, yes. It's a real company and they do build playgrounds in one day!

I was appointed as the youth engagement chair for the project. So, I was in charge of finding ways to involve the kids in the build day experience. So, we got a DJ (the husband of a teacher) and we had each class make banners and signs an we brought them outside a few at a time to see the new playground, cheer on the volunteers and dance their little hearts out! I can confidently say I had the most fun assignment the whole day because I spent it with all 850 kids! 

Here are some pictures of the day. I wast able to post many of them because I can't post pictures of kids. But, just know I have tons of them and they all contain huge smiles and awesome dance moves! 



The Preds brought some volunteers, but most of the people building the playground were parents and community members which was very cool to see!








^Their parents don't care if I post this, so I will. These sweet girls were in my class last year.



All in all, we had the best day! And, guys, the kids LOVE their new playground!!! We've already had two falls and a fight over the swings, so they're breaking it in nicely and obviously feel right at home! Ha! 

0 comments: